Name/ Maher Ali Ali Sherif
- Home: 026324903
- Mobile: 0504455456 / 0554455456 /0555541963
- e-mail email@example.com
- Date of Birth: 11.5.1960
- Place of Birth: Egypt
- Marital Status: Married
- B.A.E / English Literature – Egypt, Zagazig University (Egypt) 1983.
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts and Education good Degree.
- Department of English
- English teacher at Met Abu Khalid Sec. School (ESL) in Egypt. (1983- 84)
- English teacher for Secondary stage, Cairo, (1984 -1994)
- English teacher at Al Zaytoon Industrial Sec. School, Cairo (1985)
- English teacher at Al Zaytoon Commercial Sec, School. Cairo (1985- 86)
- English teacher at Al-Nokrashy Experimental School, Ministry of Education (Advanced level) (Sec. Stage) in Cairo. (ESL) (1986 - 1994)
- A part time instructor at Hadyak Al-Quba Institute Cairo, 1990.
- A part time translator in Anis Ebeid Films Cairo, (1992-1994).
- English teacher at Khalifa Sec. School (ESL) Abu Dhabi (1994-1998).
- English teacher at Salah Al-Deen Sec. School Abu Dhabi (1998-1999).
- English teacher at Khalifa Sec. School Abu Dhabi (1999-2002).
- English teacher at Othman Bin Affan Sec. School Abu Dhabi (2002-2003).
- English teacher at Al-Mutanabbi Sec. School Abu Dhabi (2003-2011).
- Translator to CFBT and my colleagues (non-speakers to English). (2009-10)
- Translator to Shahin (students’ instructors) Mutanabbi School. (2010-2011).
- Training courses at the training Centre (ADEZ).
- Conducting action researches.
- Attending English classes and writing reports about my colleagues.
- Attending seminars and workshops related to TEFL.
- Assessing my colleagues of English performance.
- Devising tasks for teachers Education using IT.
- Training newly appointed teachers.
- Reviewing English School textbooks.
- Constructing tests for both semesters grade 10, 11 (1995-2009).
- An analysis of errors in reading made by 10, 11th GRADERS. 1996.
- How can we develop listening skill? (ADEZ)
- Written articles and essays on educational issues.
- Action research "Classroom Questions". (2004)
- Motivation in learning. (2006)
- Participated in Teacher to Teacher Conference / Hilton Al Ain, 2000.
- Attended the TESOL Arabia Conference / Hilton Al Ain, 2000.
(Teacher in the past, present and Future) - Abu Dhabi 2000.
- Participated in MLI Teacher – to – Teacher Conference (May 7, 8 2003).
- Participated In the Third Annual Open Conference of Military Language Institute (2003)
- Attended the Teacher Training program at the training Centre 2005.
- Participated in seminar "Active Teacher"
- Participated in "Teacher's Portfolio Conference", 18th December, 2002.
- Attended professional training course, Abu Dhabi, 12th June 2006.
- Participated in workshop UAE English Skills Grade10, 11, 12 at the training Centre. (2007)
- CEPA Certificate of Completion (creating writers) Feb, 2008)
- CEPA Certificate of Completion (On going assessment) Oct, 2008)
- CEPA Certificate of Completion (Reading skills Building Blocks for Success) Nov, 2008)
- CEPA Certificate of Completion (Vocabulary Learning Strategies) Dec, 08)
- CEPA (Test taking Strategies March, 2009) 6 hours.
- CEPA Certificate of Completion (Grammar in the Context of L2 learners) April, 2009).
- CEPA (Certificate of Completion (Classroom strategies) May, 2009)
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (CEPA Professional Development program) (2007 – 2008)
- CFBT (Certificate of Participation) in English language training Sept, (2009)
- CFBT (Certificate of Participation) in English language training Sept, (2010)
- CFBT (Certificate of Participation) in English language training April, (2011)
- Attended a workshop On Location at the training Centre (ADEZ). (2008-9)
- Ability to use technology in teaching English Language.
- Basketball, football and swimming.
- Good mastery of using the computer (ICDL, 2006)
- IELT Academic and General.
- Bruce Canterbury 0509208798
- Andy Hanckock 050 3102531
- Mohammed Moussa 0506998363
- Organizing staff meetings should be given the utmost priority for the sake of pushing team work forward and encouraging students to do better achievement.
- Concentrating on the importance of weekly and daily planning and checking it from time to time.
- Implementing the use of technology in the classroom e.g. (Data Show, smart board, desk top, lap top and modern tape recorders which can use cassettes CDS and flashes.
- Encouraging the classroom environment through using educational aids, wall sheets, pictures, posters, class magazines and hand-written works by students like essays, letters and dialogues in addition to extra- curricular activities.
- Providing class library with lots of dictionaries as well as lots of books which attract the students’ interest and keeping a reading folder for each one of the classes, containing a separate sheet for each student with his name, grade, and the name of the book and recording the numbers of pages he reads every day.
- Discussing the importance of co-operative learning among students through ongoing pair work through homogenous and heterogonous groups.
- Holding professional development symposia from time to time and discussing the newest researches in the field of teaching and learning the English language.
- Keeping folders for integrated tasks like reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Keeping folders for worksheets for each grade at school.
- Implementing the use of tracking sheets for weak students and students with special needs with their parents’ mobile numbers to keep in touch with them from time to time and to repeat to them their sons achievement and progress.
- (Audio / visual) learning should be utilized to the utmost extent through using English films) and exposing students to different dialects like reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- To balance the teaching of the four skills like reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Organizing trips inside and outside the Emirate of Abu Dhabi as they are important to help students change the atmosphere of the classroom, entertain themselves and increase their knowledge of the surrounding environment.
- Helping and encouraging students to use English as a medium of communication in the classroom.
- Documenting students’ test papers in a folder and enhancing the students’ activities in class from time to time.